So what’s new at ABSi? Recently, President Chris Cole and Vice President Scott Thurber were given the honor of being featured on the front cover of the LBM Journal Magazine and interviewed for an extensive article.
In markets like the California coastline regions of San Francisco and San Diego, where new home builds are priced well into the millions, it pays to be an expert in your product category. For Associated Building Supply, Inc., that specialty is windows and doors. And not just any doors and windows. At ABSi, they provide windows and doors to the builders of some of the most expensive homes in the country.
Led by longtime friends Scott Thurber and Chris Cole, Associated Building Supply, Inc. has a story that differs from many building materials dealers still climbing out of the recession. For ABSi, the focus on high-end windows and door products actually kept the business growing through the recession. Click HERE to read the full article.
ABSi Fairness Doctrine: Yes, the ABSi Fairness Doctrine was published on page 39 in the March 2016 issue of the LBM Journal and we are proud to have our core values acknowledged by the Building Materials Industry! “As we live by, the most important core value within this corporation is our ABSi Fairness Doctrine.” Click HERE for the ABSi Fairness Doctrine video.
New Employees: As part of our managed expansion plan, ABSi has added Sales Consultants in several California markets. Please join me in welcoming Jeremy Ziegler, Tim Clark, Adam Baker, and Mike Hokanson who have joined Team ABSi in 2016. Jeremy Ziegler will be serving the California Central Coast, Tim Clark will be serving the Wine Country based out of Sonoma, Adam Baker will be serving Placer, El Dorado, and Sacramento Counties to include Truckee & Tahoe, and Mike Hokanson will be serving Northern California South Bay. On the corporate side we have added Suraj Poudel as Assistant Controller based out of Oxnard Corporate. Suraj will be assisting with all accounting duties and LPHD project management. We recently added Brian Bunch as ABSi Service Manager who will be based out of Auburn Corporate. Brian will be starting on April 1st.
PG Grand Opening: Please join us for our Pacific Grove Grand Opening celebration on April 14th from 11am – 7pm. Our showroom is located at 157 Grand Ave in Pacific Grove just up the street from Lovers Point. You may RSVP by clicking on the link HERE. The atmosphere will be casual and friendly complimented by gourmet cuisine and beverage. The Chamber of Commerce will be doing a Ribbon Cutting at 5:30pm. Factory representatives from Western Window Systems, Reveal Windows & Doors, Euroline Steel, LaCantina, JELD-WEN, and Art Glass Millworks will be on site to answer all your technical questions and handouts. Bring your business card to enter multiple drawings for prizes throughout the day.
The ABSi Dublin Showroom is in process of being finished as core vendor displays are being installed. Dublin will feature Reveal Windows & Doors, JELD-WEN, Milgard, LaCantina, and Western Window Systems & more…stay tuned for an update.
Last month On Thursday February 11th, Associated Building Supply Inc., hosted the Monterey Bay AIA Event- “Four Minutes of Fame” in our new product showroom located in Pacific Grove. “Our showroom is relatively new in the Monterey/Carmel area and we want to continue to get our name out in the community that we are a great source for windows and doors,” states Hall. Architects, Builders and Homeowners can swing by the Pacific Grove showroom at any time, touch and feel the product and get answers to the most complicated project questions.
Featured Customer – Builder New Dimensions Construction is a San Jose, CA based company owned and operated by Steve Benkly.
Mark Landolf was the architect for this project. His background and talent and can make your dream a reality. Landolf's design philosophy uniquely balances luxury, functionality and custom features with an abundance of style. Working with Mark ensures a partnership in the design process, incorporating each of your preferences to embrace your lifestyle and perfectly suit your taste. Mark's personal touch and attention to even the smallest of details will remind you each day that you are truly at home.
Leslie Kalish- Certified Interior Designer and Color Expert with LMK Interiors was the design mastermind behind this project. Leslie started her career as a buyer in New York City, then in textile and clothing design and finally as Design Director at Obermeyer Skiwear, in Aspen Colorado. For the last fourteen years, Leslie has taken her merchandising and design skills and put them into the interiors of homes, blending textures, harmonizing different materials and proportions all with a special emphasis on color. Leslie is certified in the State of California ensuring her skill, experience and integrity levels meet with strict state code, safety and design standards. Leslie is also a Certified Color for Your Home Color Consultant, a passionate color-ista, committed to her clients, and believes deeply in bringing our clients visions to life. “Our job is to raise you to your highest aesthetic level,” states Kalish.
Featured Project – The Alamo Farmhouse is a beautiful farmhouse style ranch home redesigned for outdoor living has captured national attention with its mix of contemporary and rustic digs. LMK Interiors have cleverly mixed white and rich brown tones throughout the home to create an organic connection to the outdoor lifestyle design concept. Featuring LaCantina's Aluminum Wood Folding Systems, this indoor outdoor living concept is brought to life opening both the living and dining room areas to the backyard. The Alamo Farmhouse project has won five national design awards for its contemporary rustic charm and outdoor living design. The Alamo Farmhouse project was featured on the cover of the May 2015 Window & Door Magazine- and incorporates LaCantina Door’s folding door system to bring the property’s outside in. Playing an intricate role throughout this all were Associated Building Supply, Inc.’s (ABSi’s) Outside Sales Consultants: Daniel Lorber, Chris Lorber and Inside Sales Coordinator Aaron Kappler. With over a decade of experience in Millwork and the Window & Door Industry, our experienced sales consultants can help make your home dreams a reality!
Live the LaCantina Life! ABSi has successfully represented LaCantina for 7 plus years! We have grown to become one of LaCantina's largest Dealers in the State of California with 100's of systems sold. The Bluffs Project and the Alamo Farm House Project are excellent examples. We consider LaCantina an important core vendor and have a rock solid relationship with the principles and management staff. The product quality is superb and ease of installation remarkable.
A NEW CLASS OF MULTI SLIDE
LaCantina Doors' Contemporary Clad system is offered as a complete system with the following:
- Signature narrow 2 15/16" stiles & rail profile
- 2 1/4" thick engineered panels providing greater thermal efficiency
- Available in square or sculpted profiles to suit any architectural style
- Anodized and painted standard finishes with custom color options available
- Fully concealed locking mechanism requiring no surface mounted flush bolts
- High quality engineered wood for strength & performance
- Heavy gauge extruded aluminum clad exterior provides durability and low maintenance
- Sill options that suit weather exposure or flush floor transitions from inside to outside
- 7 1/2" and 10" bottom rail options for French door look
- Simulated divided lights available
- Stainless or bronze hardware packages
- Vertical grain Douglas fir and mahogany wood species in stock or custom order any species, including FSC certified woods
- Unlimited configurations up to 65' wide with inswing or outswing flexibility
- Up to 20 panels, 10 in each direction
- Range of commercial options including panic hardware and ADA thresholds
- Combine with our screen systems for year round comfort
LaCantina Doors has created a new class of multi slide door by combining the preferred features of performance, strength and symmetry of a high end lift & slide door system and the functionality and value of a multi slide. Our new class of multi slide provides optimal aesthetics and performance.
Our panel design, engineered to the demands of a folding system, adapt perfectly to a more robust and unmatched sliding door. With the same clean minimal designs as our folding systems, our matching narrow stiles and low profile rails that incorporate our custom high performance roller assembly mean symmetry and style are never compromised. Our new multi slide door system underwent extensive air/water and structural testing, with results far exceeding the industry standards that are typical of multi slide products.
Offering the same brand promise of innovation, performance, value and quality, our new class of multi slide is a perfect match to our folding and swing doors for the complete door package.
- EXPERIENCE THE LACANTINA DOORS DIFFERENCE LaCantina Doors is a pioneer is designing and manufacturing folding door systems. Our focus in developing and refining these products has resulted in the most innovative and comprehensive range of folding doors available. Dedicated to creating products that open spaces, we have evolved our product line to include a new class of multi-slide door system and complete range of swing doors. Our products offer the same signature door profiles to provide a perfect match for a complete door package. Architects, homeowners, and builders are now free to innovate their space with the same quality, performance, value and brand promise.
- PHILOSOPHY: Our philosophy is to continually innovate and create quality, value and performance in every product we design. As a result, LaCantina Doors offer the most comprehensive yet distinctive product range of folding, sliding and swing door systems suitable for both commercial and residential applications for the complete matching door package. More importantly, from the moment the first LaCantina Door was made, we recognized that we were building more than just a door; we were offering our customer a lifestyle choice.
- MISSION STATEMENT: LaCantina Doors mission is to provide innovative high quality products that are designed to transform our customer’s lifestyle with open spaces. Our product range and customer service are guaranteed and our extensive experience and product knowledge come from our focused manufacturing.